You are wondering how to reconcile personal life with business obligations which increase every day more and more. One option is a flexible time. Specifically, by using flexible working hours, working from home or the division of labor you can increase the quality of your personal life.
Most people think they know what it means when you say flexible working hours, but it seems that this term increasingly confuses many people, when someone actually offers them a way of working with it. They understand the basis that flexible working hours does not involve daily working hours from eight to 16 hours, and that does not fall into the usual form of independent work time. Often they think that it is much less and that the job is easier, which is not necessarily the case.
Flexible working hours are, of course, first and foremost flexible, which means that it adapts to the needs and requirements of particular job, which imply that it will vary from time that will have to be done. Even the location of the work can be changed in that case. Flexible working hours do not mean that you will be able to work little or not at all, but to have the opportunity to organize work and free time in the best way, to combine and finish work duties in the most part.
Believe or not as much as four-fifths of the companies in the world give their employees flexible work. This does not mean that all the employees of these companies are able to work when they want and how they want, but that each of these companies has at least one employee whose work is flexible. Technology has developed rapidly, so today you can operate and communicate on different parts of the world. Employers use it to switch fixed kind of work for this one. More advanced companies such as Google, Microsoft, and similar, have introduced this practice years ago.
Of course, fixed and flexible working hours have certain advantages and disadvantages. Here are a few standard forms of flexible working hours:
– When the employee works a certain period on a specific task and has the date until he/she must finish this task, but he/she organize time by his/herself;
– Employees are coming to work each day, without strict working hours, with a completion date of a specific task or a standard work that must be done, and the worker has to organize their own working time
– Employees during the year need to do certain working hours, but those hours vary from week to week;
– Flexible working time which divide two or more employees, and work together if it’s needed, or separately, on the same task;
There are some variations of flexible working hours, which includes work at home or at various other locations, all in accordance with the organization and needs, and sometimes personal preferences.
How much and when it the employees work?
More and more people these days get the opportunity to work in a flexible arrangement, but before someone offers or requests flexible working hours you have to consider carefully what you are really getting into.
1. The possibility of self-organization of working time, which can allow you work at a time when suits you the best, and at the same time for easy alignment of business and private obligations.
2. Choosing the time of day to work – some people work better in the morning, some in the afternoon, some in the evening and even at night.
3. Choosing a location – at home or any other preferred location. With these it is offered the possibility of faster and effective performance of the job.
4. The ability to choose the date when you will work more hours, when less and when will you not work.
5. A small number of hours invested for the same job, if you work from home, without the need to travel to work.
6. Certain tasks you can work from anywhere in the world at any time of day or night.
7. Organization of work that you are doing a lot for one month, and the other little or nothing.
8. It is easier to plan your free time and vacations.
1. No working hours, work as much as you need to do a particular job, which can be longer than a regular job.
2. Sometimes it is difficult to obtain timely and accurate information if you are working on a dislocated location (at home, etc.).
3. It can be difficult to force yourself to work if you do not have discipline, and there is no pressure of working environment, and often is absent effectiveness and creativity.
4. Availability 24 hours a day.
5. The absence of a satisfactory balance between effort and results.
6. If you have a partner in the business, it is difficult to reconcile with flexible working hours.
7. It is difficult to calculate and prove the amount of invested work time.
8. As much as it’s easy it is also difficult to plan your free time and vacations. But everything is in your organization.
What you should not forget is that some people just work better with fixed working hours – from 8 to 16 hours, while some people work better with flexible working hours. It’s on you to choose what you prefer, of course, if you have the option. The fact is that mothers employed with flexible hours are more often convenient because of commitments around the family especially children, on the other hand, fragmented working hours during the day can mean poorer productivity and results.
The most important is, however, good organization, in order to respect the deadlines, whether they are daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or something like that during the flexible working hours, and still leave time for a family, coffee with colleagues, etc., it certainly has a lot of downtime, and requires many evenings and nights spend at the computer and on the ground.
And no matter what job you do, flexible working hours is something you live with. It’s on you to be very good organizer and master it.
Accounting and Finance Job Board http://www.WFNjobs.com
Accounting and Finance Related Blogs http://www.WFNBlogs.com
Staffing and Recruiting http://www.WFNStaffing.com