Let’s Go Places!
Accounting Manager, New Standards Adoption-TFS002DS
Who we are
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to grow and challenge what’s possible with us.
An important part of the Toyota family is Toyota Financial Services (TFS), the finance and insurance brand for Toyota and Lexus in North America. While TFS is a separate business entity, it is an essential part of this world-changing company – delivering on Toyota’s vision to move people beyond what’s possible. At TFS, you will help create best-in-class customer experiences in an innovative, collaborative environment.
The TFS Accounting group is looking for a highly motivated and qualified Accounting Manager, New Standards (IFRS) Adoption to support its objectives.
Reporting to the Corporate Manager, Financial Controller, the primary responsibility of this role is to manage the project to prepare TFS (a large U.S. financial services company) for the adoption of IFRS reporting by TFS’s affiliate parent companies. TFS will still be required to also report under U.S. GAAP to the Securities Exchange Commission as a U.S. public filer. This role will lead both the identification of the appropriate IFRS Standards and gaps between current GAAP based accounting and IFRS for a financial services company, assist with the development of required systems solutions to facilitate IFRS reporting and development of processes, procedures and training to support IFRS reporting.
What you’ll be doing
- Perform analysis to identify gaps between current accounting under U.S. GAAP and required IFRS Accounting Standards including leveraging external consultants and partners. This includes both current standards as well as new Standards finalized but not yet implemented.
- Manage development of new processes to provide alternative accounting treatments required to meet IFRS Accounting Standards working with both internal accounting groups and other impacted groups (i.e. RISK, IT, etc.).
- Assist in determining required modification of various systems to meet both current U.S. GAAP accounting requirements as well as new IFRS accounting requirements (Dual Reporting) and participate in testing.
- Identify required processes, procedures and training to support IFRS reporting.
What you bring
- Four-year college degree in Accounting
- MBA or Master’s in Accounting preferred
- 6+ years experience with GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Big 4 public accounting experience required
- Licensed CPA
- Experience with IFRS. Implementation experience a plus
- Strong knowledge base and experience in technical accounting and governance, U.S. GAAP and SOX.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with financial systems such as PeopleSoft, SAP and Hyperion Financial Management.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Temporary travel expected between 10-20% for training and/or until transition to TX is completed
What we’ll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance with the United States
- US Citizenship or Green Card required for this role
What you should know
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com