Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for a Tax Manager – Technology. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading finance projects.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Responsible for advising on tax laws in one or more jurisdictions including national, local, payroll, international or other taxes.
- Analyzes current and emerging tax laws for impact on the corporation.
- Manages a team of tax accountants responsible for projects related to the application of tax law in one or more tax jurisdiction.
- Advises on tax laws in one or more jurisdiction.
- Reviews tax returns.
- Responds to tax notices.
- Manages tax audits and interactions between the corporation and tax authorities.
- Oversees tax reconciliations.
- Coaches and mentors tax accountants; assigns work according to availability, skills, and developmental needs; assesses performance and provides feedback to direct reports.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in Accounting required. Progress toward Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant or similar certification preferred.
- Intermediate level of relevant professional work experience in the field of study required.
- Manage the administration/maintenance of the tax software solutions currently utilized for tax compliance and reporting
- Provide technology expertise for tax teams to complete projects which include: US Federal and state tax compliance, global tax reporting, APB 23 reporting and other special projects.
- Assist with the execution and design of tax management reporting and analytical tools.
- Manage the data integration between financial reporting system and tax reporting technology
- Provide training and technology information with the greater tax function.
- Minimum 5-7 years tax experience
- Public accounting/large multi-national experience preferred
- ASC 740 experience preferred
- Certified Public Account with strong accounting background preferred
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
To apply for this job please visit cummins.jobs.