Global Recruitment Specialists
Global Recruitment has been retained by a major international NGO to conduct a search for an experienced CFO based in Washington, DC who will be a proactive true business partner to the CEO. This position requires someone with demonstrated ability to focus on identifying and implementing strategies for strengthening the overall financial position and financial systems and controls of an organization and managing staff through change and rightsizing.
The CFO coordinates with Executive Leadership Team, all department heads and project directors, the external auditors, the Treasurer and other members of the Board of Directors, and from time to time, major financial supporters of a major international NGO. The incumbent will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Human Resources and the General Counsel on internal policy and operational matters.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree, Masters in Business Administration or equivalent is highly desirable (CPA a plus);
- At least 10 year’s relevant work experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies;
- In depth understanding of financial management to include GAAP and fund accounting, relevant IRS regulations, requirements and budget circular A133 audit;
- Experience in overseeing the accounting and finances of a non-profit organization with a budget of at least $16 million annually including international transactions and exchanges;
- Demonstrated leadership ability in an organization going through change and rightsizing, team management, and interpersonal skills;
- Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting, including the management of USAID grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts; and
- Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages.
If you have an interest in this position, please contact me directly. I look forward to hearing from you.
Donna Gillotte, Recruiter
Global Recruitment Specialists “Positioning You for Success”
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com