Website Judicial Council of California
Judicial branch of the state of California
JOB TITLE: FI$CAL ANALYST (FISCAL ANALYST)
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISO
JOB OPENING #: 4512
The Judicial Council of California is accepting applications for a 12-month limited-term position of Fiscal Analyst for the Branch Accounting & Procurement office. This position is currently funded for one year and includes limited benefits. While it is anticipated that this position will be extended, continued employment in this position is contingent upon renewed funding and will be reviewed on an annual basis.
This position is needed immediately to help transition from ERP Oracle financials to Fi$Cal by June 2018. The Fiscal Analyst will assist procurement management in assessing Fi$Cal capabilities, mapping/re-engineering business processes to meet Fi$Cal’s functionality, converting historical data; assist with planning, analyzing, designing, configuring, testing, and deploying Fi$Cal’s procurement and contract management solutions for the Judicial branch. The individual should have background in public contracting requirements and system implementation experience, preferably with Fi$Cal, and assist in staff training.
The Judicial Council strives for work-life balance and offers an excellent benefits package with substantial vacation and holiday time in addition to pension, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending, $130 monthly stipend towards public transit commuting costs, and retirement savings plans. In San Francisco, the office is only a 7-minute walk from the Civic Center BART station in downtown San Francisco.
The successful candidate will be expected to work in the San Francisco office.
· Design and build business processes:
– Assist in assessment of gap analysis between Oracle Financials and Fi$Cal;
– Participate in identification of key data components from Oracle for mapping to Fi$Cal;
– Identify necessary process changes for Judicial Council to be compatible with Fi$Cal;
– Suggest improvements to Judicial Council’s processes, and function as Procurement and Contracting Liaison in team discussions.
– Develop training materials for revised Procurement’s business processes;
– Conduct training of Procurement staff, as well as Procurement’s client end users.
· Testing and implementation:
– Support data conversion activities;
– Assist with the validation and testing;
– Ensure the functionality of revised Procurement and Contracting processes meet the needs of the Judicial Council.
· Understanding of both Judicial Council and Fi$Cal requirements:
– Enroll and attend University of Fi$Cal learning modules pertaining to Procurement and Contracting;
– Attend pertinent Fi$Cal workshops to ensure understanding of system and the issues of Judicial Council needs to resolve;
– Ensure understanding of current Judicial Council Procurement and Contracting policies, procedures and practices.
Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, finance accounting, or a directly related field and three (3) years of professional, exempt-level experience in accounting, finance, budgetary, or contract administration. Additional directly related experience and/or education may be substituted on a year for-year basis.
Two years as an Associate Fiscal Analyst, in the assigned field, with the Judicial Council of California or two years of experience performing the duties of a class comparable in the level of responsibility to that of an Associate Fiscal Analyst in a California state government entity.
Please note: if you are selected for hire, verification of employment eligibility or authorization to work in the United States will be required.
HOW TO APPLY
To ensure consideration of your application for the earliest round of interviews, please apply by 5:00 P.M. on October 9th, 2017. This position requires the submission of our official application, a resume and a response to the supplemental questions.
To complete an online application, please click the Apply Now button.
To obtain a printed application, please download a copy from the careers section on our website at www.courts.ca.gov/careers and under the Special Access section, click on the Employment Application link.
Request a paper application by visiting us at:
Judicial Council of California
455 Golden Gate Avenue, 5th Floor
San Francisco, California 94102-3688
415-865-4272 Telecommunications Device for the Deaf
Please refer to “Fiscal Analyst, Job Opening #4512” on your application materials and all correspondence.
The Judicial Council provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities who request such accommodation. Reasonable accommodation needs should be requested through Human Resources at (415) 865-4260.
PAYMENT & BENEFITS
$6,173 – $9,259 per month
Some highlights of our benefits package include:
· Health/Dental/Vision benefits program
· 13 paid holidays per calendar year
· Choice of Annual Leave or Sick/Vacation Leave
· 1 personal holiday per year
· $130 transit pass subsidy per month
· CalPERS Retirement Plan
· 401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans
· Employee Assistance Program
· Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
· Pretax Parking
The Judicial Council of California Is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To better assess the qualifications of each applicant, please provide a response to the following questions:
1. Specifically describe your experience in overseeing the design and/or implementation of a procurement and contracting business process.
2. Describe your experience in developing and coordinating user support training including instructing, training, and assisting staff.
3. Describe your experience with data mapping, conversion and validation.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.courts.ca.gov/careers.htm →