Website Marriott International
The world's leading global travel company.
This position is part of a team responsible for the accurate consolidation of Marriott’s financial statements, which includes oversight for accounting and analysis in areas that interface with the consolidation process, including intercompany settlements. This position participates in efforts to continuously improve and create processes that ensure the accuracy and completeness of intercompany processes. Responsibilities include coordination and review of activity associated with these areas on Marriott’s legal entities’ balance sheets and income statements to ensure accuracy and completion, as well as related reporting and compliance requirements.
SCOPE/BUSINESS CONTEXT/EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS
- Assist in the process of producing internal reports to monitor and ensure timely settlement activity to support local and U.S. tax requirements.
- Record settlement-related adjustments to the ledgers in a timely manner and review activity on foreign and domestic entity ledgers for accuracy and reasonableness on a monthly and period basis.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with MIP-66 and Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls for accounting and reporting for responsibilities within the group.
- Manage and coordinate the COCA billing and settlement process.
Coordinate with various Marriott departments to validate and support intercompany balances for accuracy and timely settlements.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis related to the settlement accounting processes.
- Document current processes and work on process improvements and standardization.
- Prepare and assist in reviewing the year-end and preliminary audit schedules (PBCs) and footnote disclosures for the Marriott consolidated financial statement audit.
- Participate on various goals for the department as assigned.
Other duties as assigned.
Minimum 2 – 5 years of progressive accounting experience, international accounting a plus.
Experience with accounting in a multi-currency environment under multiple bases of accounting.
Experience with PeopleSoft general ledger system a plus
Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g. macros & pivot tables)
Education or Certification
BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
CPA or MBA preferred
Attributes, Knowledge and Skills
Demonstrates dependability in a results oriented team environment.
Maintain a client service orientation that delivers customer results.
Ensures all work is completed on time with a high attention to detail.
Embraces creative process improvement and systematic thinking throughout work product
Demonstrates strong organizational skills; high performance levels under tight deadlines.
Strong verbal and written communications skills; ability to articulate issues to a variety of individuals at multiple levels within the organization.
Ability to manage multiple work activities concurrently with minimal supervision.
At ease in an environment of change; supports and manages change within the organization.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://bit.ly/2y9K5EP →