Hi, we’re Nuts.com!
We’re changing the landscape of snacking on nuts, dried fruits, chocolate and more! We started as an open-air nut stand in 1929. We’ve grown quite a bit since then, but we still do things “the old fashioned way.” We pride ourselves in sourcing the best quality and in taking an ultra-personal approach to customer experience.
What’s our team like? We’re driven, collaborative, and entrepreneurial. Energy and passion power our business and we look for candidates who share in that excitement to help us continue to build something special.
An accounting guru that is exceptionally driven, smart and diligent. This position will report directly to our CEO and will also be working closely with the rest of our senior leadership team.
You’ll be our go-to resource for anything accounting and finance related and will help provide analytical support to our executive team. This is an incredible, entrepreneurial opportunity for someone that can take on additional management responsibilities as we continue to grow!
What you’ll do
- Initially manage two direct reports, with a keen focus on building the team to support our growing business
- Process all transactions including invoices, accounts payable, accounts receivable and purchase order confirmations
- Process, deposit and reconcile credit card and check payments
Reconcile all bank and credit card accounts
- Carefully manage accruals and prepaid expenses
Ensure accurate payment of vendor invoices and coding and posting of data entries
- Process bi-weekly employee payroll including 1099s and tax reporting
- Manage and execute month- and year-end closes
- Maintain fixed asset schedule
- Analyze financial statements and routinely share results with senior leadership
- Provide guidance on jurisdictional tax implications
- Develop processes inside and outside of department to streamline and systematize our accounting and financial infrastructure
- Build a scalable platform that can support a growing business
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of related accounting experience including general ledger accounting
- Firm understanding of GAAP
- Quickbooks experience highly preferred
- CPA or CMA strongly preferred
- Equally comfortable with transactional work and high level analysis
- Payroll experience a plus (Experience with Paylocity? Even better!)
- Hardworking and enthusiastic personality
- Retail industry and/or inventory experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Curiosity and resourcefulness to engage deeply to problem solve
What we offer
- A challenging role in a rapidly evolving business
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and 401K match
- Paid Maternity, Adoption and Paternity leave
- Flexibility to work from home (although we believe there’s tremendous value in serendipitous moments around the office!)
- Other evolving office perks like chair massages & team building events
- A casual work environment (jeans and sneakers are A-O-K!)
- And all the Nuts.com snacks your heart desires + a phenomenal employee discount!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.lever.co/nuts.com/d9052202-ce1a-473c-8445-8d3b725a4736 →